Sprue Goo

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
37,462
27,205
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
This is by no means new but new for me. If you're down to your last ½" of Tamiya Extra Thin, I highly recommend turning it into Goo. I used an empty 23ml Tamiya bottle, poured the T.E.T. into it and then cut up enough sprue bits to cover it. Let set over night and then stir it up. If its too thick, add a bit more T.E.T.. I was going to use stretched sprue to cover the wing panel lines on my current P-51B but I thought I would try this. First photo is a test. The second one is the bottom part of the wing, took about 25 minutes. I let it sit four hours and sand though some recommend over night. No more stretched sprue for me

test.jpg


IMG_0001.JPG
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back