Stromberg pressure injection system

Micdrow

“Archive”
10,775
4,711
Joined
Aug 21, 2006
Location
Wisconsin
Article oon the Stromberg pressure injection sytsem used on american aircraft.

Enjoy
 

Attachments

Different models of the Stromberg pressure injection 'carb' was used on nearly all the large American engines, Allison, Packard Merlin, R-2600, R2800, etc., but I am wonder if it was installed on any of the smaller engines??? Did any Ranger, Lycoming, or Continental engine use this 'carb'????

Piper106
 
Different models of the Stromberg pressure injection 'carb' was used on nearly all the large American engines, Allison, Packard Merlin, R-2600, R2800, etc., but I am wonder if it was installed on any of the smaller engines??? Did any Ranger, Lycoming, or Continental engine use this 'carb'????

Piper106

The PD-9 Bendix-Stromberg was used on R1300 engines. It is the smallest of the two-barrel designs. The Bendix PS and RS series were used on Continental and Lycoming injected engines from the IO-320 up. The "I" indicates "Injection", and it could be either the PS pressure type or RS fuel injector system.

Non-injected engines typically used Marvel-Schebler carbs.
 
The R-985 was sometimes equipped with two PS-7 "pressure carbs". Most radials under1800 cu. in., and some over, used some variety of Stromberg "N" series updraft, float carb. As a side note, most of my younger classmates in A&P school couldn't quite "get" the P-series until I told them to think of it as a mechanical throttle-body injector:rolleyes:
 
Hello everybody,


I don't want to interfer in this interesting thread but I would like to kwow if somebody knows where to find detailed pictures of the Stromberg injection carb (type Stromberg PD-18A1) for a Merlin V1650-7 ?

As you can see I'm working on the 1/24 Airfix P51 engine.

V1650-7-1.jpg


Many thanks in advance

Have a nice week-end

Liore451
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back