T-7A Rollout

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
redhawk-boeing-promo.jpg

Boeing on April 28 rolled out the first T-7A, one day after announcing cost overruns on the program.

From Avweb

I hope there's a contract clause so who causes the cost overrun will have to pay it.
Our military is (or at least was) too dumb for such kind of clause, happily paying massive cost overruns

I hope there's a contract clause so who causes the cost overrun will have to pay it.
Our military is (or at least was) too dumb for such kind of clause, happily paying massive cost overruns
There usually is -

That's the point - the media fails to report instances where the government induces cost overruns by requesting contract modifications. The F-35 is the prime example.

There are cost overruns on all research and development programs. It is unavoidable because no one can foresee everything. No one will know 100% how an aircraft will perform or handle until it flies, government requirements change, and there always issues that arise during development and initial production. Its the nature of the beast.

Last edited:
I suppose some of the overrun is inflation. 8.7% x 9 billion = 738 million for this year, but the overrun was for prior years and less ... so lookout for the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back