T34 vs Tiger (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Marcel

rotartsinimdA
Staff
Admin
Mod
Sep 19, 2006
Dordrecht
www.redbeatband.nl
I played this game for the last hour and really like it, although it's not as fast as a flightsim of course. Anyone else plays this?

I haven't played it yet. If you are into tanking I would recomend Red Orchestra. It is the best tank game out there.

Hi Amsel,

I always thought that was a 3d shooter, but do you think it's a good simulator? I will definately check it out.

T34 vs Tiger looks like a real simulator, kinda Il2 for tanks. I really liked it. Only problem is there are only 2 playable tanks (t34 and Tiger) and only 6 missions per side, so I finished already.

I haven't played this tank game myself but it seems a shame it doesn't have a "mission builder" capability like the IL2 series.
Question; what do use for the main drive controls? I would think you could map controls to a joystick rather than use the keyboard, but I wonder what that feels like for game play. (I think I'll go hunt down the games website, too)

I just went over a review of this game on the SimHQ site:
SimHQ.com - Land Combat Zone - Review: WW2 Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger

The screenshots look great and the descriptions of the gameplay are very tempting; but it seems a lot of folks are having some issues with multi-player mode (not really an issue for me) and some odd AI behavior. I'm sure there's a patch out or coming out, but just 6 missions per side seems a bit much for a $40 game.
I would like to drives me a T-34 and blast some armor. I wonder if they would allow you to pick up some infantry and ride them along to the front like in the old films?

Just saw your response, Marcel. Let me know how that goes. Thanks, MudPuppy

Hi Amsel,

I always thought that was a 3d shooter, but do you think it's a good simulator? I will definately check it out.

T34 vs Tiger looks like a real simulator, kinda Il2 for tanks. I really liked it. Only problem is there are only 2 playable tanks (t34 and Tiger) and only 6 missions per side, so I finished already.
It is first person. A very good game. High quality.

I just went over a review of this game on the SimHQ site:
SimHQ.com - Land Combat Zone - Review: WW2 Battle Tanks: T-34 vs. Tiger

The screenshots look great and the descriptions of the gameplay are very tempting; but it seems a lot of folks are having some issues with multi-player mode (not really an issue for me) and some odd AI behavior. I'm sure there's a patch out or coming out, but just 6 missions per side seems a bit much for a $40 game.
I would like to drives me a T-34 and blast some armor. I wonder if they would allow you to pick up some infantry and ride them along to the front like in the old films?

Just saw your response, Marcel. Let me know how that goes. Thanks, MudPuppy

Hi mudpuppy. I'll let you know when I have more time. Right now it's a bit busy with a newborn :)
BTW you cannot pick up infantry in this game. Infantry is the worst part of this game as they seem to run around without purpose. Another missing point is the smoke screen. It isn't there.

Thanks Derek. I still did a quick peek at the editor though, between feeds and dipers ;). Seems fancy enough, but I really don't understand how it works. There's no manual with the game as far as I can see. There is a manual for the editor that can be downloaded, but it's only in russian.

Hi,

If you liked T34 vs Tiger, try Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, it will blast you away! Its very realistically done, with animated tank interiors, historically accurate missions and tank simumlation. Pz IVF2, T34 Model 41, and Matilda II can be taken command of.

I have a force-feedback joystick for the flightsims (which I usually play), but for this game I just used the keyboard and mouse (for aiming). Did adjust the keys to my liking, though.

Kurfurst, is that one released already?

Hi mudpuppy. I'll let you know when I have more time. Right now it's a bit busy with a newborn :)
BTW you cannot pick up infantry in this game. Infantry is the worst part of this game as they seem to run around without purpose. Another missing point is the smoke screen. It isn't there.
If you want a combined arms experience on the first person level I would recomend Red Orchestra. It is only $5-$10 right now. Or you can wait for Steel Fury. Some of the better devs went over to Steel Fury and abandoned T34vTiger.

Kurfurst, is that one released already?

Yup, should be available in your nearest store! There is already a hot patch for it for some minor glitches, but generally it is stable and runs quite well.

It goes rather deep into historical accuracy, ie. the terrain will deform from H.E. hits, and H.E. shells can be set with instant fuse for fragmentation or delayed fuse for demolition etc. Infantry is also very heavily present, and in fact, integral. The missions were re-created faitfhul to 1942 German and Soviet operations around Kharkov, in fact, the briefings seems to be direct translations of the original orders. 8)

IMHO the best and most realistic tank sim we have ever seen, save perhaps the modern-era Steel Beasts. Sadly, it lacks MP, but developers said it is possible in future.. keep those fingers crossed!

I have played T34 vs Tiger, but after5 or 6 missions the campaign ends; it need add ons, I guess.
It is really hard without immortality, and even a couple of T34´s can make my Tiger looks like a soda can.
No matter what game I try, I always come back to Il2, but T34 is a good game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back