Tamiya 1/32 F4U-1A corsair BuNo50165, VMF-321, Guam August-November 1944, finished!!!

John - I am familiar w the hairspray thing but I think that can only be done when using acrylics. I haven't had the courage yet to do an entire model with airbrushed acrylics. Since the hairspray is water based as are acrylics, I presume the water loosens both to allow a silver undercoat to show when chipped. Are those the kit seatbelts?
Rob, you can also do it with vilyl acrilics like tamiya and lacquers but you dont want too much time to pass. Seatbelts are from HGW!!!
 
I keep going back and looking at this thing.....
 
John - one more question - was the cowl flap detail part of the kit? The more I look at your model, the more I find!
Rob

Good evening Rob, no this is vector resin upgrade!!! It needs some work but the detail is excellent
There is also the eduard one, maybe easier to find, less expensive and 3d not resin...

John
 
Thanks John!
 
Beautiful model!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back