Tennessee Lawmakers Propose Legislation Banning ‘Chemtrails’

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Sadly, there are those amongst us who are wilfully ignorant of facts.

It's the supreme irony of many such conspiracy theories that they appeal to science and yet refuse to accept the overwhelming positions (pick your topic) of the scientific community. Instead, they'll go with an outlier, often of dubious credentials, with "studies" that haven't been adequately peer reviewed for quality.

Agree with the willfully ignorant comment or, perhaps put differently, they willfully exclude any information that doesn't align with their preconceptions. All attempts to highlight the logistical and scaling challenges of most conspiracy theories are simply ignored, often with a comment that the person pointing out those challenges must be part of the conspiracy. The other response is to declare it "fake news" (Oh, how I HATE that term!).

It's truly frightening.

Finally! And we need to do something about Bigfoot and the Loch Hess Monster, too!
From Avweb:
On Monday, the Tennessee Senate passed a bill prohibiting "the intentional injection, release, or dispersion, by any means, of chemicals, chemical compounds, substances, or apparatus within the borders of this state into the atmosphere with the express purpose of affecting temperature, weather, or the intensity of the sunlight …" In other words, the bill would make it against the law to dispense "chemtrails" over Tennessee.

SB 2691/HB 2063, sponsored by Rep. Monty Fritts, R-Kingston, and Sen. Steve Southerland, R-Morristown, has yet to move on for consideration by the House. Whether it will pass to become law is unclear. The House was set to review the legislation yesterday. No word yet on any conclusions.

According to language in the Senate bill, there is "documentation" that "the federal government or other entities acting on the federal government's behalf or at the federal government's request may conduct geoengineering experiments by intentionally dispersing chemicals into the atmosphere, and those activities may occur within the State of Tennessee."
This would make commercial cloud seeding illegal, wouldn't it?

It's the supreme irony of many such conspiracy theories that they appeal to science and yet refuse to accept the overwhelming positions (pick your topic) of the scientific community. Instead, they'll go with an outlier, often of dubious credentials, with "studies" that haven't been adequately peer reviewed for quality.

Agree with the willfully ignorant comment or, perhaps put differently, they willfully exclude any information that doesn't align with their preconceptions. All attempts to highlight the logistical and scaling challenges of most conspiracy theories are simply ignored, often with a comment that the person pointing out those challenges must be part of the conspiracy. The other response is to declare it "fake news" (Oh, how I HATE that term!).

It's truly frightening.

I've done my own research. I watched a youtube video.

Based on recent events, you know what the most common difference is between a wild outrageous conspiracy and an established proven fact?

Six months.

Except that the chemtrails conspiracy has been around since the late-90s and it's still not a proven fact. That's substantially more than 6 months!

One wonders if the law could be interpreted to prevent crop spraying (mist does affect intensity of sunlight) and the use of aircraft for fighting forest fires. After all, any significant discharge of chemicals (a noun which includes such dangerous substances as water ; ) ) will affect the intensity of sunlight and possibly even local climate.

Are they going to move up to defining π = 3?

About ten years ago, the nut-jobs in my area actually wasted the County Board of Supervisors' time by demanding that "Chemtrails" be investigated.

One of their main points of "evidence" is elevated heavy metals found in our area's ground water, such as mercury, aluminium, barium, nickle and so on.

What these idiots fail to realize, is that this area of northern California, is highly volcanic and as a result, has a higher amount of these metals than other areas.
I can literally drive 15 minutes to the west, to an ancient volcanic site, where a Cinnibar out-crop can be seen. Cinnibar, as many may know, contains raw mercury. There were also countless mines for gold, silver, copper, iron, aluminium, sulphur, uranium, asbestos, coal (due to techtonic upheaval) and more. I even have jewelry grade turquoise found in veins at a nearby limestone quarry.

So yes, we have elevated "metals" in the area, which are not raining down from the sky, they have been here since before mankind even stepped foot in the area.

Last edited:
All this is similar to an incident in Atlanta many, many years ago during morning drive time. The local radio personalities called the Head of the Atlanta water department on the air to ask him about reports of Dihydrogen Oxide in the system. His answer (on air) was, "Oh no, we ain't got none o' dat in our water." The radio guys were gone before lunch.

There's a rumor going around that the victims of the Titanic actually suffered lethal exposure to Dihydrogen Monoxide...

No, no, NO. They were victims of weather engineering that dropped the water temperature while, at the same time, carving off an iceburg to hit the Titanic. It was all part of a plan by a global cabal of Celine Dion fans who architected the entire thing so that, 85 years in the future, they could dominate the airwaves.

All this is similar to an incident in Atlanta many, many years ago during morning drive time. The local radio personalities called the Head of the Atlanta water department on the air to ask him about reports of Dihydrogen Oxide in the system. His answer (on air) was, "Oh no, we ain't got none o' dat in our water." The radio guys were gone before lunch.

The radio guys should have stayed. The head of the department head should have been sacked. Omniscience is not granted with the MBA. A chemistry class on somebody whose job requires knowledge of the chemistry of water treatment should have taken high school chemistry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back