Terminology and engine data (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Graphs that go with the above tables:

754327-d5f808c6e97bc50f360ba42d51a09f9b.jpg
Quite intersting graph, 3 speed supercharger with full throttle height of just 5400 m (17.717ft) ?
Never read about a 3 speed 222 .....

Fascinating stuff, thanks Tomo. First time i saw speed/climb curves comparison for Bf-109G/FW-190A. Also good to see ATA values for various allied engines so i at least don't have to try to figure it out! Am i just missing it or there is no way to download the above files?

Fascinating stuff, thanks Tomo. First time i saw speed/climb curves comparison for Bf-109G/FW-190A.
Here is another set, but for the 109F vs. 190A; note that 190A speed at Notleistung is not that easy to discern on the graph.

Also good to see ATA values for various allied engines so i at least don't have to try to figure it out!

Indeed.
I'd also be a bit cautious, since German data can differ from the Western data somethimes, eg. they give to the Merlin 20 series a much better altitude performance than it was really so.

Am i just missing it or there is no way to download the above files?
Perhaps this might be of use to you: link
Not for amateurs like me :)

Fascinating stuff, thanks Tomo. First time i saw speed/climb curves comparison for Bf-109G/FW-190A. Also good to see ATA values for various allied engines so i at least don't have to try to figure it out! Am i just missing it or there is no way to download the above files?

For those of you who might be interested, here is an Excel file to convert among boost units. Some are absolute pressure and some are gauge pressure. In practice, you don't really have to convert very often. Any aircraft you fly HAS a boost or manifold pressure gauge (or readout) and the numbers you SHOULD use are in the pilot's manual. The only time you really convert is if you CHANGE the manifold pressure gauge for one using another unit of measure. For instance, converting a WWII Japanese Zero to US instruments might involve going from mm H20 or mm Hg to in Hg. Both are absolute pressure but use different units of measure.

Oh yeah, if you put in the altitude (in feet) in item 1), you get standard conditions for that altitude in item 2). Item 3 is boost. Input the boost in coral-colored border and the units on that row adjust for your input.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Boost New.xlsx
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back