The CW-21 Was A Good Looking Airplane

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Notice the column about Vega expansion for the Uni-Twin conversion of a Lockheed Altair. The Uni-Twin was a double Menasco.

I think first use of a V-tail was on a BF-109.

Very cool. But not quite the apparent-unicorn V-tail single engine radial I was suggesting.

But it was possible, I like the look of the radial Bf 109.

Last edited:
I found it! The first, and apparently only example of a radial-powered single-engine V-tail, the Hanriot H.28. Albeit with a rotary radial, rather than the fixed cylinder block with rotating crankshaft that we associate with later radial engines. The CW-21 would have looked great in this format.

Subject title: Presentation of the Hanriot H.28 aircraft with a modified tail at the Mokotowskie airport in Warsaw
Description of the painting: Hanriot H.28 aircraft taking off with a butterfly-type tail, modified by E. Plage and T. Laśkiewicz, designed by Jerzy Rudlicki.
Event date: 1931-09-19
Place: Warsaw

Notice the column about Vega expansion for the Uni-Twin conversion of a Lockheed Altair. The Uni-Twin was a double Menasco.
That was done along with a one and a half pike off the ten metre platform wasn't it ?

I know, I know, engine right ?

Users who are viewing this thread