The emblem on the fuselage of an F-106A

Stas1234

Airman 1st Class
250
103
Joined
Aug 17, 2024
Guys, does anyone have a clear photo showing this emblem on the fuselage of an F-106A?
20120722203759-da47a0d1.jpg
408.jpg
 
I don't know if this fits your bill.
No, no... I mean literally a photograph with this emblem on the fuselage of the plane.
 
5.png
pic267721-1462706570.jpg

Is there a good quality photo showing the eagle on the nose?
 
Still my favorite F-106s are the 49th FIS based at Griffiss AFB, NY where I was stationed 1972-77. That includes the infamous "Corn Field Bomber" that is preserved in the USAF Museum.
I do enjoy the Michigan ANG F-106s as I live in Michigan.
 
IMHO ... the maintenance crew ...

C/C ... an abbreviation for the Crew Chief, A1C ... Airman First Class, and then the full name of the guy.
A/C ... an acronym for the person in charge of the aircraft, A1C ... Airman First Class, and then the full name of the man.

Something like that ...

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg
 
There are a number of photos with the squadron badge on the nose on this page. You'll have to scroll a bit but most photos can be enlarged.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back