The Oscar Goes Back Into Production

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

MIflyer

1st Lieutenant
May 30, 2011
Cape Canaveral
FROM AVWEEK:

"TAIPEI, Taiwan—Little-known Taiwanese company Hutron claims that it has developed and operationalized a jet-powered loitering munition designated H2B Hayabusa (Peregrine Falcon).

Featuring wingfold design similar to the AeroVironment Switchblade 600, the H2B weighs 33 lb. (15 kg), including a 5-kg warhead. At the rear is an unspecified jet engine, with options for a propeller-powered engine for more "silent operation."

The company's General Manager Frank Fan says the H2B has a range of 93 mi. (150 km) and an endurance of one hour. It also features a miniaturized phased array antenna for satcom.

Screenshot 2023-09-15 at 15-06-57 Mysterious Taiwanese Company Reveals Loitering Munition Avia...png

Like their ME262 and F3F production run, although the 262's were transferred elsewhere for completion. They have built two Oscars and I guess have a third under construction. After WWII Clark Air Base in the PI had an Oscar mounted on a pylon but eventually some neatfreak base commander ordered it taken down. I amazed at how many USAF senior officers think that "Base Improvement" equates to Base Destruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back