The Panther tank is kinda, sorta, back

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

But no Bayraktar

No - back then, the "Bayraktar" were manned...

image-jpg.jpg

I'm hip. But back then, based on postwar analysis, most of the armored vehicles were destroyed by high energy armor piercing shells fired from guns, relatively few by such "special weapons". Today in Ukraine and prior to that, Nagorno Karabakh, I'm pretty sure that ratio is reversed. Not to diminish the guy in the photo by any means, as those dudes were impressive as hell, but the hellfire and various international equivalents are a lot more accurate, longer ranged, deadly and reliable than bazookas.

I ain't loving it, but this is the new reality, and new AFVs need to be ready for it.

That's Lt. Carpenter and his L-4, "Rosie the Rocketeer".

He is credited with six tanks and about as many armored cars between September '44 and war's end. :thumbleft:

Pretty badass.

But fortunately or unfortunately, guys like that couldn't be just manufactured like drones can. And the overall track record of air-launched rockets vs. tanks in the war wasn't very good.

I'd say if the Neupanther wants to survive on the battlefield, it better have some effective anti-drone capabilities.

Pretty badass.

But fortunately or unfortunately, guys like that couldn't be just manufactured like drones can. And the overall track record of air-launched rockets vs. tanks in the war wasn't very good.

I'd say if the Neupanther wants to survive on the battlefield, it better have some effective anti-drone capabilities.

Or organic air-defense and some infantry in company. One reason the Russian tanks are taking such a beating is that they're often rolling alone, leaving them vulnerable to not only drones but ambush from MANPATs teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back