Thundering 8th

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P47Jug

Recruit
Jun 24, 2009
A friend of mine said there is a new movie out called, "The Thundering 8th". It's an air combat movie about the Mighty 8th and features the "air tank" P-47. It has alot of stars in it including Jan Michael Vincent (I thought he was dead..) and the blonde guy from CHiPs. Has anyone seen it...I heard it has alot of actual combat footage. The only place I found it for sale brand new was EBAY.

Thanks
"Jug" head

Ya, it seems to be only for sale on EBAY...I'll have to wait till next payday...maybe I'll take a chance on it.

I decided to pry my wallet open and by a copy of the Thundering 8th on EBAY. I must say it came fast, free shipping AND it was a pretty good movie. Some of the acting is a little stiff and Jan Michael Vincent looks like he's being propped up like a puppet in his B-17. June Lockhart still has the charm she did back in her "Lassie" days. There is some EXCELLENT combat footage, most I had not seen before. Also, the DVD comes with a 2nd Bonus DVD. It has an old S.N.A.F.U. cartoon, Bugs Bunny war bonds clip, a real cool short movie with Burgess Meridith Ronald Reagan called "Rear Gunner" and finally a great documentary on P-47 fighter group in Italy! (Gotta loves those Jugs!) So...I give the the whole 2 disc DVD set....
"2 wings up":)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back