Thundering 8th

Discussion in 'WWII Videos' started by P47Jug, Jun 24, 2009.

1. P47Jug

P47Jug New Member

A friend of mine said there is a new movie out called, "The Thundering 8th". It's an air combat movie about the Mighty 8th and features the "air tank" P-47. It has alot of stars in it including Jan Michael Vincent (I thought he was dead..) and the blonde guy from CHiPs. Has anyone seen it...I heard it has alot of actual combat footage. The only place I found it for sale brand new was EBAY.

Thanks
    "Jug" head

2. beaupower32

beaupower32 Well-Known Member

It was a movie made back in 2000. Looks like it might be pretty good. I looked on NetFlix and it wasnt listed.

3. P47Jug

P47Jug New Member

Ya, it seems to be only for sale on EBAY...I'll have to wait till next payday...maybe I'll take a chance on it.

4. P47Jug

P47Jug New Member

I decided to pry my wallet open and by a copy of the Thundering 8th on EBAY. I must say it came fast, free shipping AND it was a pretty good movie. Some of the acting is a little stiff and Jan Michael Vincent looks like he's being propped up like a puppet in his B-17. June Lockhart still has the charm she did back in her "Lassie" days. There is some EXCELLENT combat footage, most I had not seen before. Also, the DVD comes with a 2nd Bonus DVD. It has an old S.N.A.F.U. cartoon, Bugs Bunny war bonds clip, a real cool short movie with Burgess Meridith Ronald Reagan called "Rear Gunner" and finally a great documentary on P-47 fighter group in Italy! (Gotta loves those Jugs!) So...I give the the whole 2 disc DVD set....
    "2 wings up":)

5. Airframes

Airframes Benevolens Magister

Retired
    Thanks for the review, sounds like it's worth getting.