Tornado nearmiss (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

sunny91

Video Extraordinaire
Apr 2, 2005
Sunny

Attachments

• tornadonear.avi
    917.4 KB · Views: 36
Yikes! Where did that come from? "TOWER, take a break from the poker game and look out your windows, PLEASE!"

When I first saw the title, and being from the midwest here in America, I ain't thinking something from the RAF! I am thinking of a twister, a real tornado!

Bill G.

Yikes! Where did that come from? "TOWER, take a break from the poker game and look out your windows, PLEASE!"

When I first saw the title, and being from the midwest here in America, I ain't thinking something from the RAF! I am thinking of a twister, a real tornado!

Bill G.
sorry but hearts is the game of choice and I'd like to hear the tapes before assigning blame , contrary to popular belief pilots don't walk on water

sorry but hearts is the game of choice and I'd like to hear the tapes before assigning blame , contrary to popular belief pilots don't walk on water

PBFoot, I was trying to make a joke and not placing blame!

The only thing we can be sure of is that someone wasn't looking through a piece of glass or listening to a radio!

Bill G.

walk a mile a mans shoes , I've seen it done twice...,. there are many possibilities

Yes you may have... but that's a dual crew cockpit. CRM was not in effect on that flight. That was not a sensor driven mistake. Purely VMC there is certainly pilot blame for that incident. Both crews are lucky.

Found this about the incident.. maybe I was wrong about the title..

Firstly the aircraft on the ground isn't actually on the runway. This was filmed at RAF Coningsby and the F.3 is sitting off
the runway waiting to go onto it. See coords in Google Earth 53°05'46.01"N 0°08'54.63"W.

The Tornado GR.1 was simply overshooting and not landing. The pilot flying the Tornado was a German with a British instructor in the back. The instructor took control when he noticed that the overshoot was getting too low. Details were revealed on PPRUNE.

Sunny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back