Trumpeters Stringbag

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Papa Tango Whiskey

Airman 1st Class
Jul 9, 2016
Tulsa
In another thread I started looking for some info on how to build the wings so that I may set them in a deployed configuration. I began to think " Why not?" So I just went ahead and broke out the kit and decided to give it a go. I am not promising anything spectacular but just that Ill do my best.
So far I did some work on the engine because I am waiting for the seat belts to come in the mail and that would be the only thing that will hold me back. So I am working on some other sub assemblies. I decided to go with pastels so in doing the exhaust assembly I mixed up some red, dark brown and some sun shine yellow. and came up with a dark red brown that looked good on application. as it sits now that it has dried it looks a bit dark to me but I doubt that it will be visible once the cowling is on.

the intake system get some silver and some dark brown pastels and is installed.

I put the push rod assembly on the front and that is about as far as I got tonight.

More later.

I like how that engine looks. Good start.
Hopefully that mail arrives with the requested and we see what follows.

Saludos
Luis Carlos

No pics for today but I did get some of the pit built up and painted as I went. For me it is a never ending struggle to get the correct green for those Brit interiors.. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.
Cheers
Paul

The Stringbag's cockpit walls were doped fabric so were a streaky pink colour. If you let us know what type of paints you like then we can help with the rest of the interior grey-green colour.

I was able to get some bench time in today and I am still at it a bit. First thing done was the engine is completed and ready for installation into the cowling which I finished sort of.

I painted the cowling sky and a mix of copper and brass with a touch of red for the collector ring. It is going to be some what of a tight fit but with some sanding here and there Ill get it to slide right in.

My belts should be in this coming week some time and then I can really button up the pit. With a really incomplete interior and ip pe set I got some of the pit done but there is more to come. the top deck has a bunch more that I will do weathering wise and I still have some assembly to do as well. I apologize for the poor pics but my lighting here really suffers.

Ill be able to get everything done soon and give the paint sufficient enough time to cure before I get after it with the pastels. Cheers
Paul

Thanks, guys. I am surly going to do a a wash coat as soon as it all goes together just to tone the brightness of the green down some but it is a fun kit so far and I am enjoying it .

I finally got the belts in today and as soon as I could I put them in according to Eduard's directions. The directions did not include how to put in the gunner's belts so I just winged it and they look OK to me. prior to that I laid down paint on the wings and started trying to fit the cross braces in the wing assembly. I haven't got there yet but I think Ill get that under control tomorrow.

Not much to see today but maybe tomorrow I'll have some progress pics ready.
Cheers

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread