Hi Everyone,
First post. I ran into a great thread on this website regarding the identification of aircraft props and hope that someone might be able to help me with this.
I picked up this prop yesterday at an estate sale. The owner (passed) had quite a bit of aircraft memorabilia and the prop was setting on the hearth of his fireplace like a piece of art.
I flew small stuff way back and at least know it is one of either a two or three bladed constant speed prop. It stands 52" tall and is quite heavy. There is a lot of corrosion at the base and so far I haven't been able to find any markings. I am considering having it restored and don't want to do anything that would jeopardize the finish.
I would really appreciate any input you may have.
First post. I ran into a great thread on this website regarding the identification of aircraft props and hope that someone might be able to help me with this.
I picked up this prop yesterday at an estate sale. The owner (passed) had quite a bit of aircraft memorabilia and the prop was setting on the hearth of his fireplace like a piece of art.
I flew small stuff way back and at least know it is one of either a two or three bladed constant speed prop. It stands 52" tall and is quite heavy. There is a lot of corrosion at the base and so far I haven't been able to find any markings. I am considering having it restored and don't want to do anything that would jeopardize the finish.
I would really appreciate any input you may have.