Tuskegee Memorial

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cmazurek

Recruit
Sep 22, 2023
Greetings to all.

I'm not sure this is the right place, but I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I am a Project Manager for the Air Force Academy Foundation and we are building a memorial to honor the Tuskegee Airman, which will include two full size (P-51 and T-7) replicas that will be mounted on pedestals.

The Foundation is actively looking for replica builders, (which we found a couple) but in speaking with one, he requested specs for both planes. I believe what he is looking for is the material to use, how the wings and stabilizers will be attached, etc. If anyone on this forum can provide any insight both myself and the Foundation be very grateful. Please contact me.

I

Last edited by a moderator:
You might contact the Experimental Aircraft Association and/or Warbirds of America. Both are online.
Question:
Based on googling, why o why are there about 10X more memorials to the Tuskegees, than to Troop Carrier Command, which did vastly more to win the war...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back