Tuskegee P-51B Research

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

P-51pilot

Recruit
May 30, 2011
Hello Fellow warbird Enthusiasts! First post here, but definitely not my last by the looks of it.

Basically, I am heading up a project for the 1941 Historical Aircraft Group in Geneseo, NY called the "'41 Fighter Fund." My goal is to get a P-51B flyable to honor a local hero from our area, Leland H. Pennington. More info. on this can be found at my blog, P-51 "Mustang" Fundraiser - Geneseo, New York. Anywho, I am trying to research exactly what Pennington's plane looked and was painted like. He was lost in combat on April 21st, 1945, and I have obtained the accident report. I learned that his plane was named "Lucy Gal," after his wife. Beyond this, I know nothing really. He flew a P-51B-10 (# 42-106603), so I'm wondering if he might have had the rare tail fillet on his '51, and also what his fuselage number would have been (or how I could find that out as it's not in the accident report.) I'm just wondering if anyone here would be able to help me out with these questions, or at least point me in the direction of help. Thanks a lot for reading this and I look forward to posting more.

- Austin Hancock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back