Type of the parachute used by the bomber crews of 15th USAAF in August 1944

seesul

Senior Master Sergeant
3,586
108
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Location
Zlin, Czech Republic
Website
www.leteckabitvakarpaty.cz
Hello to all,

it´s been a long time since I visited this gorgeous site for a last time. Family and our new web are absorbing all the free time ;)

This time I have a specific question - what type of the parachutes were used by the bomber crews of 15 USAAF in a time frame of August 1944?

On internet I´ve found following info:

-AN6513-1a AN6513-1A Pack
- later replaced by A-3 A3 parachute chest pack - SURVIVAL GEAR
- but if I got it right 8th USAAF used also back parachute B-8 http://www.303rdbg.com/u-1396.jpg

Thx guys!
 
Last edited:
Hello to all,

it´s been a long time since I visited this gorgeous site for a last time. Family and our new web are absorbing all the free time ;)

This time I have a specific question - whyt type of the parachutes were used by the bomber crews of 15 USAAF in a time frame of August 1944?

On iternet I´ve found following info:

-AN6513-1a AN6513-1A Pack
- later replaced by A-3 A3 parachute chest pack - SURVIVAL GEAR
- but if I got it right 8th USAAF used also back parachute B-8 http://www.303rdbg.com/u-1396.jpg

Thx guys!

I´m asking because a friend of mine found this D-ring of the rip cord at the crash site of B-24H, S/N 42-52313 "Rough Cobb" (454 BG). Guys from 2nd BG I´m in touch with always told me that they used chest type of parachute, But this D-ring matches with the D-ring of B-8 back parachute...
 

Attachments

  • B-24 42-52313 Rough Cobb.jpg
    B-24 42-52313 Rough Cobb.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 269
No one can help guys?
 
It is a long shot but try here
1556780478572.png
or this one - date range looks wrong for 160 pages
1556781178250.png
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back