Ugly stepsister of the DC-2

Sometime between 1941 and 1943, as my father's ship, HMCS St. Laurent sailed near the Canadian East Coast, Douglas Digby 757 flew over the convoy his destroyer was escorting. The ship's photographer took this picture and I inherited it when Dad passed away in 2005. The photo I have is about 1.5 inch by 2 inch in size. I managed to blow it up enough to see the number.


Chris
 

Attachments

  • Digby 757.jpg
    Digby 757.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
B-18's and O-38s in Felts Field Hanger.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 344
  • 08f09478c450b777443cdffe22c1147b.jpg
    08f09478c450b777443cdffe22c1147b.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 330
  • 8Bsq B-18A.jpg
    8Bsq B-18A.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 332
  • 448.jpg
    448.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 346
  • 56a6_3a.jpg
    56a6_3a.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 341
  • 447.jpg
    447.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 348
Man you do some nice work.
Thanks for the compliment, my third a/c to do profiles of. If you are serious about the B-10's we should talk, re: units, markings, models, countries etc., are you including the Dutch 139's, Argentine, Chinese, Thai, and (captured Dutch) Japanese versions. As for photos, I can check on the original prints I have. Where are you located?
 
There is nothing ugly about the B-18. Of only six air frames left in existence, the only remaining B-18A is on display at the Castle Air Museum in Atwater California.
Yeah, gotta say its, to me, kinda ugly. but at that time in American Aviation there was a lot of "well this may be IT designs" . But as time and events proved some were not good enough to endure.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back