Upcoming Reno (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I was there and saw it. Kevin is alive and well and so is his wife Andrea.

Greg,
Small world! I was at that show as well (narrator on the F-15 West Coast Demo Team). Jimmy Buffet played that night at the airshow if I remember correctly.
Cheers,
Biff

:cool:

As of right now I'll be going to PRS and Reno - I'll be crewing this jet...
iskra3VrySml.jpg

111545_800.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Joe,

Don't you DARE come home without 2014 pics, Joe!

Get us a good cockpit shot, OK? .... assuming the owner doesn't mind, that is.

I am under the very strong impression that the TS-11 is a very nice, forgiving aircraft with no vices. I heard that from Ivan Rasmussen of World Wide Warbirds out of Deer Valley, Arizona in the late 1990's early 2000's.

Hi Biff,

I had a very good friend who worked at the GM proving grounds where it crashed and we poked around the crash site several weeks later. Not much to see, actually.

I have spoken with Kevin about that and asked why he didn't go out the right side rather than the left. He said he never thought about it, and didn't think much of which way the prop was turning, but probably WOULD think about it in the future since hitting the horizontal tail wasn't any fun. On almost any scale, it ranks right at the bottom of fun things to do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back