US Navy Ship Damage Diagrams

syscom3

Pacific Historian
15,698
15,188
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Location
Orange County, CA
I come across these on occasion. So I would like to share them with you all.

Here's the first one. USS Savannah (CL 42), Bomb Damage Diagram from September 11 1943 off Salerno.

0404221.jpg
 
USS Boise (CL 47) gunfire damage diagram from 11-12 October 1942 at Cape Esperance

0404730.jpg
 
These are so cool! Like an autopsy report, but for ships.
I like that.
 
Great thread! How did I miss it?
 
Battle damage diagram of USS Astoria (CA 34) showing gunfire hits during Battle of Savo Island on 9 August 1942. The ship's superstructure was burning from end to end.

0403427.jpg
0403426.jpg
 
Torpedo damage diagram of the USS Canberra (CA 70) from an aircraft torpedo strike on 13 October 1944 off Formosa.

View attachment 707832
Very informative and a topic I follow. I just can't give it a "like" for sentimental (?) reasons and "Informative" seems kinda' weak.
I also hit the reply by accident again and I used oops a bit much.
 
Torpedo damage diagram on the I from torpedo hits off Formosa on 14 and 16 October, 1944.


0408133.jpg
0408132.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back