USAF Manuals - Another Source (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:cry:Sorry I misunderstood, Mike, its been a rough day and I'm afraid I've slipped into 'Easily Annoyed' mode. I've been trying to accomodate Sandokan's request for the F-89D manual for hours and its been a less than rewarding task. I found a piece of software called 'Soda PDF 5' that said it could split PDF's into parts. The manual is 104MB so I thought three parts would do it, not so. Each of the three parts came in at 100MB each, how you divide 104 by three and come up with 300 and change is beyond my reasoning powers. I had thought computers were supposed to make things easier, and I suppose they do if you know what you're doing and have some understanding of how they do what they do, unfortunately, I don't apparently. The best I could do and come in under the 50MB limit was eight parts which I am going to try to post shortly. Poor Sandokan, I know that just wasn't what he had expected. Again, very, very sorry. Excuse me while I try this posting, pitiful as it may be. After that I think I'll try a 12 pack of Busch.

Last edited:
Oh no, Lacrossedart!
Don't worry, I've realized your effort to sharing the big Pdf file. I've just experienced same!
Thank you so much for your kind patient!
You are Great!
cheers
Tiberio

Greetings Lacrossedart;

Now you understand what I was talking about on the three part 98 meg pdf's.

Do not feel bad........ that is all you can do. If the person that downloads the file
wants it in one piece, he, or she will have to put it back together. There is no other
way that I am aware of to do it. You can't send it as a email, it will blow up the persons
email box............ Errrrrrr ....... I learned this one the hard way ...... :shock: Defiantly
pissed off the guy. He could not use his email account for two days. "O" well .... and
life goes on. He said that he wanted it, and I reckon he got it........
beatin10.gif

later,

Mike

Boy, do I ever understand, Mike. For what its worth, I am going to try to post my collection on a site called liberatedmanuals.com, if I can persuade the site owner to do so, but I'll be sending him download CD's to do it with. He has over 4700 US Army Field and Technical manuals posted for free download, very few have anything to do with aviation but it may be worth a look to you, there are a few flight manuals. You may also want to look at publicintelligence.org, they have a number of post-war TO's and NATOPS manals also for free download. If you download the F-14 manuals, be advised that the listings are reversed, if you download the checklist, you get the manual; if you download the manual, you get the checklist. And, my friend, as you say life goes on, or at least what passes for it. Have a good one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back