USAF Manuals - Another Source

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Tried to download the RB-36 and F-5 manuals from this site, Adobe says the files are damaged. Anyone have better luck?

Experienced same in file damaged for the F89.
Other ones worked good and downloaded .
if you need I can relay you via mail.
Tiberio :)

Thank you for the offer, Sandokan, but I finally did get two clean downloads of the RB-36D and E manual. I did two because the first one came out being short nearly 500 pages, but then, so did the second one and in the same places, so I can only assume those pages weren't scanned. No matter, I have a hardcopy of the B-36D-II manual and according to Magnesium Overcast the performance of the B- and RB- versions was close to identical. All of the rest of the manuals on this site are the same ones I downloaded from the Avialogs site earlier this year. If you need a complete F-89D, let me know, I got the same manual from Avialogs complete along with the F-89C and H. Thanks again!

Ok lacrossedart! I'm glad you found waht you need.
If is not a problem I would like to have the F89 manual ( as well as I'm still seeking for Seversky P35 and P26 peashooter too).
Thanks for offering me that one, my e-mail is [email protected]
Thank you so much,
Tiberio "sandokan" Riva

Thank you for the offer, Sandokan, but I finally did get two clean downloads of the RB-36D and E manual. I did two because the first one came out being short nearly 500 pages, but then, so did the second one and in the same places, so I can only assume those pages weren't scanned. No matter, I have a hardcopy of the B-36D-II manual and according to Magnesium Overcast the performance of the B- and RB- versions was close to identical. All of the rest of the manuals on this site are the same ones I downloaded from the Avialogs site earlier this year. If you need a complete F-89D, let me know, I got the same manual from Avialogs complete along with the F-89C and H. Thanks
again!

Greetings Lacrossedart, Guys Gals;

I agree, many of the manuals that UKPonchoMan has on this web site, (USAF SIG), are not complete ............ :oops:

I Have been working on the RB-36 manual off and on for a while now. The manual that I have is
in 3 parts, the first, and second part are 98megs apiece, the third part is slightly larger.

UKPonchoMan's whole manuals is 71.1 megs......... Hmmmmmmm What happened to the other 128 megs ....... ?

**** Guy be aware, If you want the whole manual ****

Later,

Mike

Last edited:
OK, Mike, I'll wait for your post. All three of the B-36 manuals I have presently tend to read pretty much the same, but a complete one would be nice. I wanted to post the F-89 manuals that Sandokan wants so everyone could have one, but the site says they're too big and I am not computer-savvy enough to break them up to the sizes needed to post. Sandokan, your manuals are on the way to your e-mail ASAP. Frankly, if I had my way, I'd post my entire 27GB collection on this site if for no other reason than historical reference, and to see that Flight Manuals are available to everyone without charge.

Greetings lacrossedart ;

..... I agree......... :) .......... It would indeed be much easer if we had a higher file limit. At
this time it is 50 meg. All things considered, this is not to bad. It is higher than anywhere
else I have been.
..... Even if we had a 500 meg limit, soon or later we would still have to part the manuals
out ................... :(

The pisser is this...... on the RB-36 manual so far it has been parted into 5 pieces. I thought
that I was doing fairly good, until I noticed some of them are 51, and 52 megs. So close,
but so far. .......... "O" well, and life goes on........... :rolleyes:

Anyway........... I will get back to working on the RB-36 manual.

Take Care,

Mike

I agree, Mike, its way better than nothing. Try the Avialogs site, though, you can download the entire B-36H-III manual in one huge, uninterrupted slug. I got the commercial Super Connie manual there, almost a full gigabyte by itself, in about six minutes.

Greetings Acrossedart;

.... Yes, I am familiar with Avialogs's, I am a member, and this works fine
for my purposes.

But, you are not seeing the larger picture. What about the other builders that
have trouble with the larger downloads ?

I believe, that if you are going to be part of a model club, or a model builders
web site, that you have an obligation to give something back to the site,
instead of just taking what you are interest in.

Working with the manuals, photographs, and other needs, let's me help
the site; and other builders at the same time.

Have a good day,

Mike

Not real sure where that one is coming from, guy, but whatever you say. I've sent things to Avialogs as much as I've downloaded within the limits of the file size that my e-mail will accept. If I knew how to break up large files, I'd do it, I said so in an earlier post to Sandokan, and I'd be posting a good deal more than I do.

Greetings Friend, lacrossedart ;

You misunderstand what I wrote. I was trying to explain why
I break the files into pieces. I meant no disrespect to you, or
anyone else.

I am Sure ........ the Guys, and Gals, on the web site appreciate,
and thank you for the manuals; and etc, that you have posted ......................

Have a good day,

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back