Used book prices

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

pinehilljoe

Senior Airman
May 1, 2016
Has anyone else noticed used book prices going up significantly. Seemed like you could go on Alibris then Amazon, find the book and have multiple reasonable options. It hit me the past few days, looking for a copy of Pursue & Destroy: Eighth Air Force's Fighter Group in WWII, and Norman Friedman's US Carriers. Both seem way up there.

The best search aggregator I've found for books is bookfinder.com . It pulls in prices from Abe, Amazon, Alibris, Biblio, Ebay, Zvab, and possibly others. You can specify used or new, hardcover or soft, editions, and publication date range. Prices are sorted lowest to highest. I also use worldcat.org to locate library holdings and/or search for copies to read online (or download).

Book prices seem to go up and down for no apparent reason. At the minute the stuff I'm looking for seems to be on the 'down' side but I'm sure it won't be long before that changes. My advice is to wait if something seems expensive: often 6 months later you'll find the same title for a lot less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back