Visually, which one of these two ww2 fighters would you say is your favourite?

Visually which is your favourite?

• P-47D (razorback)

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Hurricane Mk1

Votes: 18 54.5%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

How about a Stuka? I know there was a gent in America that once built an extremely realistic scaled down replica of a Stuka, a Stuka replica would be a welcome addition to air show battle re enactments and I would have thought the Stuka to be a suitable aircraft for scaling down.

Hi Pattle, sounds great and I agree but whatever I build needs to be from the above posted list. That way all of the scaling down has been done and tested. I am no way near enough skilled to produce my own plans for a build. I think I'd probably scare the life out of the public with those Jericho Trumpets wailing away above Coventry.

Cheers Chris

Hi Pattle, sounds great and I agree but whatever I build needs to be from the above posted list. That way all of the scaling down has been done and tested. I am no way near enough skilled to produce my own plans for a build. I think I'd probably scare the life out of the public with those Jericho Trumpets wailing away above Coventry.

Cheers Chris
Oh well it was just an idea, yes I can see that some people might consider a Stuka to be a little insensitive, especially the local Polish community.

That is an understatement Chris....

If you went down the in line engine route could you use a light weight motor. Mayne an Imp engine?

The T Bolt is helluva plane and I can see why you are inspired to build one.

Would a WW1 plane interest you? Say a Camel or Spad?

Cheers

John

There is no question that the P-47's pure size (even shrunken) would give you a larger range of selections to work with. But I just can't let go of the angelical handling and looks of the Spitfire. IF I was going to put that kind of time and effort into an aircraft, I would wan't to float with the angels and glide with the heavens. Bashing with the brawlers in a P-47 would be my wartime choice, but I think we are talking dreamwalking here.

Jeff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back