Vultee Vengeance Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Baball

Airman 1st Class
Dec 26, 2018
France
Pilot's Flight Operating Instructions for the A-35B-1-VN. Assembled from the three parts posted by Micdrow in this old thread. Bonus document from the National Archives of Australia listing the differences between several Vengeance models.

Attachments

• Pilot's Flight Operating Instructions for the A-35B-1-VN.pdf
    134.8 MB · Views: 364
  • NAA_ItemNumber3096389.pdf
    15.6 MB · Views: 302
Pilot's Flight Operating Instructions for the A-35B-1-VN. Assembled from the three parts posted by Micdrow in this old thread. Bonus document from the National Archives of Australia listing the differences between several Vengeance models.

Belly shape of the Vultee Vengeance, The Definitive Answer. For years now, I've noticed a modeling 'error' which appears to have a life of it's own, being perpetuated in both aircraft drawings and model designs. And this blub has not escape the best respected hands of guru's in both ink and balsa. Perhaps we can best lay blame to one of the premier modelers of the Vengeance's day… Comet Models. They intrepeted the belly as being entirely oval in shape, as are the vast majority of aircraft bellies which are not completely circular in shape. And (most) everyone else, in ink, plastic and balsa, fell in line.

To be truthful, the belly of the Vengeance was not COMPLETELY flat… but almost! I've scowered the web for years now, collecting as much 'evidence' as possible that reveals the scale-accurate shape, but with no definitive 'proof'. And then, today, I found what I've been seeking. Other than an ACTUAL Vengeance belly in hand, I've found what the original BUILDERS of the Vengeance thought about it!

The truth is found in the Pilot's Flight Operations Instructions for the Vultee Vengeance, AN 01-50AE-1, A.P. NO 2024D dated November 10, 1943. As per Vultee and the USAAF! This illustration tells it all… as do others in this publication.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.32.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 9.32.36 AM.png
    92.6 KB · Views: 93

Users who are viewing this thread

Back