Walking in france

Mac672

Recruit
3
3
Joined
May 23, 2026
Hi all I'm not in any way knowledgeable with regards to aircraft but I have just finished a walk between Belle-Isle-en-Terre and les vieilles forges, France along a footpath next to a river and I noticed something unusual starting to be washed out of the far bank I understand there were downed aircraft in the area during the war so thought I would share my photos it's probably just a bit of old car but it seemed strange to me. To add some size it was larger than a car bonnet
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_3122.jpeg
IMG_3117.jpeg
IMG_3101.jpeg
IMG_3100.jpeg
IMG_3121.jpeg
 
Last edited:
No rust, so it's aluminium, not steel, so more likely to be an aircraft part than a car part. I can't see any rivets or other fasteners, but it looks like maybe an engine cowl top or a belly or turtledeck skin.
 
No rust, so it's aluminium, not steel, so more likely to be an aircraft part than a car part. I can't see any rivets or other fasteners, but it looks like maybe an engine cowl top or a belly or turtledeck skin.

Hi I have sent all the pictures I have to the Midland Aircraft Recovery Group the contact there agrees with you, he has checked the crash data base and there are no recorded crashes in the exact area, there was a wellington bomber but a few miles away. When I saw it thought I had better inform someone it will probably be a part of some old farming machine but it may not. The chap I emailed said the would see if any of their contacts could have a look.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back