What are you listening to....the 7th Chapter.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats great Aussie1001 and Adler wasn't disputing that.

I RESPECT AC/DC for making it in the Australian and eventually International music scece as its very hard for any bands back then and more so now.

However I do find them repetitive to an extent and musically its bit too much like rock n roll meets hard rock/metal. I love both but not combined.

Cheers

One - metallica live durban

( I also concur they are the greatest band alive )

It doesn't matter if their music is not challenging to play. Besides adler, metallica, megadeth and Iron maiden are heavy metal, not hard rock. Don't get me wrong I love maiden and metallica but my personal preference is:

AC/DC
Metallica
Iron Maiden

Not saying its for everyone but thats mine. Besides Angus is a great guitar player and his brother Malcom as well

Alright heinz i'll agree to disagree with you.
My top 5 bands are:

AC/DC
Nickleback
The Offspring
The Who
Rolling Stones
These are all great bands in my opinion.
I am not so much into modern Heavy metal i do like some of it however metallica is not for me.
I prefer more traditional music so to speak.

BTW Angus and Mal Young are both awrsome guitarist, it doesn't matter if all their songs sounded the same even though they didn't, they gave the audience what it was looking for so they are a good band and they were good at what they did. Are they still going, i read somewhere that they were releasing an album i think it was wikipeida but then again that is unreliable at times as well.

What defines a good guitarist? I don't think they are, they are not inventive enough, but their music is okay, no dispute there. They are a good band and I like them

Adler......
no AC/DC is awrsome their most popular album Back In Black is in the top ten most popular albums of all time. (As far as i know anyway) I recently bought the collectors edition of the album and it was great.

Not argueing with that AC/DC is not a great band. I allready said they are one of my favorite bands.

What I am talking about is the musicianship.

For instance I like Angus. He is a great stage performer but I can also name 25 to 50 guitarist that are better than Angus.

Trust me when I say this, I have been listening to AC/DC longer than you have been alive!

I will say though that each person has there own likes and opinions on the matter and therefore you are not wrong with thinking that Angus or AC/DC are the best band alive.

Personally I think his brother Malcom is a better guitar player than he is. He is just not in the lime light like Angus.

To each there own.

Lets see here we go:

(These are not placed in any particular order and I know I am forgetting some)

Joe Satriani
Eddie Van Halen
Jimi Hendrix
Jimi Page
Tony Iommi
Jeff Beck
Randy Rhoads
Eric Clapton
Joe Perry
Keith Richards
Richie Blackmore
Kirk Hammett
Dimebag Darrell
Slash
Steve Vai
Pete Townsend
Brian May
Gary Moore
Glenn Tipton
Michael Schenker
Stevie Ray Vaughn
K.K. Downing
James Hetfield
Ronnie Montrose
Duane Allman
Tom Morello
Yngie Malmsteen
Zakk Wylde
David Gilmour
Ace Frehley
Rudolf Schenker
Peter Frampton
John Petrucci
Daron Malakian
Kerry King

Adler...
You have been listening to AC/DC longer than i have been alive.
Meh sh"t happens!!!

Agree that mal is a better player.
Have you seen them lately ?
Mal and Angus are fu#ked from too many drugs howver brian Johnston and phil rudd look fine. Don't know about Cliff williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread