what Japanese Airplanes on duty in 1937

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

grueni62

Airman
Feb 10, 2006
Hi everybody,
I'd like to find out what kind of airplanes the Japanese where using during their 1937 attack on Nanjing and before that in Shanghai.
I guess it was before "Zero" time, as the Zeros seem to have come around 1939.
thanks for any hint or info. I'm new to this area and am just starting my search.
Jo

FLYBOYJ said:
Welcome!

In 1937 the Japanese were operating Mitsubish G3M "Nells" A5M "Claudes" and Nakajima Ki-27 "Nate" for starters....

thanks for that (both welcome and facts)

I read that the Type 0 of the Zero fighters comes from it beeing built since year 2600 in the japanese calender 0 beeing the last digit in the year. I also read the Zero was used from 07/1939 on so that means that any "Type 98" or lower plane could have been there. Does that make sense ? or am I getting the Type thing wrong....

Jo

grueni62 said:
FLYBOYJ said:
Welcome!

In 1937 the Japanese were operating Mitsubish G3M "Nells" A5M "Claudes" and Nakajima Ki-27 "Nate" for starters....

thanks for that (both welcome and facts)

I read that the Type 0 of the Zero fighters comes from it beeing built since year 2600 in the japanese calender 0 beeing the last digit in the year. I also read the Zero was used from 07/1939 on so that means that any "Type 98" or lower plane could have been there. Does that make sense ? or am I getting the Type thing wrong....

Jo

I think you're correct.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back