What the h*ll went wrong?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No, the most dangerous thing is a clueless newly minted Annapolis Ensign who gets stashed in your detachment while awaiting a billet in aircrew training. Gotta throw their weight around, full of piss n'vinegar, a reputation to make, and no concept of safety procedures.
Cheers,
Wes

just got this.... da bit<# rocks! first time with EFI so low end response is going to take getting used to. haven't "done the ton" yet...of course its been raining ever since to got it. now its time to start accessorizing....

Attachments

• 32390.jpeg
    32390.jpeg
    872.3 KB · Views: 74
Nice ride, bsocks! My Beezer-riding girlfriend is turning green over it.
Scariest low end response I've ever experienced was a used, fully dressed 1972 Honda CB-450, the two cylinder DOHC version with the desmodromic valves and the exponential throttle linkage. First time I eased out the (very heavy) clutch, it stood straight up in the air, dumped me back on the sissy bar and then stood there straight up, idling merrily away, perched on the saddlebags, rear wheel and fender, and sissy bar!
And me without a camera!
Cheers,
Wes

Last edited:
When I was about 14 my cousin and I built a mini-bike. After watching us go around on it my Mom wanted a go. She got on looked behind her and twisted the throttle, bike popped front end up, dumped her on the ground and smashed into the side of the garage. She said later she thought twisting back like that made it go backwards.

actually it is a 2016. i have a 76 oil in frame in my basement in a million pieces but think i am making that one into a cafe racer

OIF '76 is nice. A friend of mine has a '74 with the breadbox tank. His took its last ride in the trunk (boot?) of a car.

A green and silver '68 Bonnie was one of the first bikes I was ever at the controls of.

Had a summer riding my brothers mid 60s Bonneville back in the early 70s. I was a bit afraid of it. High compression pistons, Ceriani front forks, no center stand, no chain guard, no passenger pegs, no battery (big capacitor), no instruments, quarter turn throttle, a kill button and toggle switch on the headlight (not stock), a set of TT pipes and no mufflers, velocity stacks on the carbs.Throttle response was, shall we say, brisk :)
It started, after using the proper drill, on the first real kick much more often than not (part of the drill was one-two slow kicks just to turn things over) which compared to the near work-out level series of kicks needed by my 350 Ducati most of the time was a welcome relief :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back