Which is better Su-17 or MiG-27?

Which do you think is better?

• Su-17

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • MiG-27

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Chengdu J7 and F-7 export variant is quite a more sophisticated development of the MiG-21 and, like the J6 based on the MiG-19 has undergone quite a transformation through many different variants. The Chinese sure do know how to get the most out of an airframe. The JF-17 Thunder is, as yet not in service with the PLAAF, although Pakistan has the type in service now as a light strike fighter and it has been aggressively marketing the type to offset the costs, which at present, until the PLAAF commits wholeheartedly to, are being absorbed by Pakistan. It was being heavily marketed at the 2019 Paris Airshow too.

Proximity to the P-47 in the background might have been intentional...

View attachment 657765Thunder and Thunderbolt

View attachment 657766Thunder climb
Remind me of a F-20 in the imagine above.

47cbf9269a4e6538899c6eb04aee9a87--sharks-europe.jpg

I wouldn't be able to tell any of those grey blurs apart. A still photo perhaps but not up there in the wild blue.

Good stuff, thanks. MiG-27 was more sophisticated initially than Sukhoi product though, surely its sensor suite meant it was intended for deeper penetration attacks into defended airspace rather than the Sukhoi.
be sure not make mistake mixing MiG27 with MIG23BM - this last one was more like Tornado IDS substitute - Mig27 was rather intened for the CAS and battlefield insulation role

my mistake i ve mean BK version as a more sophisticated ground attack development of the type. MiG23BM version was renamed in 1975 to MiG27.

Foiled by a single consonant... Useful info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back