Who would you want to design your fighter - 1943

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi,
If I had to pick anyone to design a plane for me back then it would probably be Walt Disney. I know he wasn't a plane designer, and so I wouldn't be expecting much, but it would be cool to tell everyone that you flew a plane designed by Disney.
Disney provided artwork for quite a few Army and Navy air units' insignias.

I was a member of The Dart/Valiant Slant Six Club of America. Fo' real! All time favorite was the '68 Scat Pak model, AKA the "Bumblee Dart".

Easy: use Water Injection. V-1650-9 could reach comparable power on 90" Mercury to what a 2 stage Griffon reached at +21lbs, or roughly 75" if my math is correct

Easy: use Water Injection. V-1650-9 could reach comparable power on 90" Mercury to what a 2 stage Griffon reached at +21lbs, or roughly 75" if my math is correct

Only to a point.

V-1650-9

Griffon

At 10,000ft, with ram, the V-1650-9 with ADi and +30psi boost (90inHg MAP) has a slight advantage over the Griffon with +21psi boost. Both in low gear.

At 20,000ft the Griffon has the advantage, maybe 100hp.

The Griffon would also be rated for +25psi boost late in the war, without ADI, for even higher peak power.

Users who are viewing this thread