Widescreen (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I have the same set KK, but I can't run without the CD or actually DVD ;)

PS: I'm running XP on my stationary PC which is the one I installed the game on, my portable is the one which has got Vista and I've had a lot of problems with it, including the pointless UAC feature which prevented me from altering program files and stuff in folders.

My new coputer (with the 16x9 screen and Vista) is the lap-top. (HP dv9000 series) the screen measures ~17 in.

My old one has a "normal" 4x3 moniter (Nokia Multigraph 447 ~16" set at 1024x768 res), I used to use a GEM flat-screen LCD of ~15 inches.

The game plays ok on my old computer, but it lacks the memory (both on-board the graphics card and RAM) to properly play many of the levels. It often hast to use virtual memory, which makes the game run impossibly slow. (it only has 512 MB of RAM, and dedicated graphics memory is down around 128, maybe less)

Compared to my laptop with as much graphics memory as my old computer's RAM. Along with 2GB of RAM.

Well, I finally got arround to disabling the UAC. I also realized that the AR of my laptop's screen is 8x5 not 16x9. (I had the insight to check prior to attempting to alter the resolution again ;))

And it worked. :) (and while the only the title screen and selection plays "cropped" the in-game sections and cutscenes play full screen and in the right proportions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back