Wings of Duty is out for android (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

bobbysocks

Chief Master Sergeant
Feb 28, 2010
Pennsylvania
the iOS air combat game Wings of Duty is now available in google play for android. There are now several maps: Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, Midway, and New Guinea. recently the B25 and Hudson bombers were added. the game is still in beta but boosts good graphics and a decent assortment of aircraft to fly in 3 different difficulties. the flight models still need tweeked and this is being addressed. all in all it is a pretty decent game where you can dogfight or bomb/torpedo targets.

I have to wonder, though...what the quality of gaming is, when compared to an actual PC.

With a PC, you have a large screen, surround sound and external controls...all key factors for immersion.

On a mobile device, you're squinting at a little screen with tinny audio and limited user input.

I play WW2 Wings of Duty, by the way. I've had it ever since the game first came out iOS, on July 10, 2015. So far, it has been doing well, but issues about the game pop up sometimes. I like how to game has incredibly detailed cockpits (for a mobile game, and it seems like it has the best cockpit for a mobile game). I've never seen any other WW2 game as good as this on iOS. If you're wondering why you have to spend real money to get gold currency for new planes, it's because the developers need funds to develop the game.

The best plane to fly in the game is the F6F-5 Hellcat, as of version 1.0.5. It has a lot of engine power, climbs quite well, and is pretty good in a low-moderate speed turn (in the game). With it, I've killed Zeroes almost every time I got into a turn fight with them.

Although I'm not the dev, I know some stuff that is coming to this game in future updates.

I can't wait for the European Theatre to be added. There will be a Battle of Britain map and a Germany map, I believe.

Right now, the current aircraft in the game:

P-35, P-40, P-39, P-38, SBD, F4F, F6F-3, F6F-5, Hudson, B-25

Upcoming aircraft:

Bf 109, Spitfire, P-47D, P-47N, P-51D, TBF Avenger, B-26 Marauder, A-26B Invader, A-26C Invader, F4U-1 Corsair, F4U-1A Corsair (can be upgraded to F4U-4 Corsair via engine upgrade).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back