WW2 7 cyclinder Engine

chevroletc10

Recruit
2
0
Joined
Jun 19, 2010
Hi everyone,
I've got a WW2 engine out of an unknown plane,after my grandfather passed away its been sitting in storage and I was wondering If you guys could help me out with finding out how much its worth so I can sell it to someone who will hopefully restore it to its former glory. The TAG says Property of U.S. Navy Continental Motor Corporation 250HP 7cylinder. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and god bless
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't find any reference to a 7-cylinder Continental powerplant
several references to a 6-cylinder though. Do you have any pics yet?
 
If memory serves. I believe that engine was also used in a couple of light tanks. M-2 and M-3?
 
Does it look like this?

The W-670 was a widely produced engine in WW II. The serial number of this one is 37,500!

A very tidy radial due to the valve operating gear being located behind the cylinders.
 

Attachments

  • W 670 - 5.jpg
    W 670 - 5.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 344
  • W 670 - 6.jpg
    W 670 - 6.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
The W670-9A was used on the Stearman. Do you have log books!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back