WW2 and Airplanes of today and Air tactics

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My RAF list grows :) I am looking at what types to have more indepth info, but I have found a lot of more information and a better understanding of the RAF fighters. ;)

Hey legolas I think this is a tactic hehehe...
Name:The blitz
Objective:Take Britain into submission
Rating:Not very effective
Consists in taking out a country by demoralising the population.
HO HO at least it´s something......

:lol:

hey crazy, i have about 300 pics all of different planes, we could use those? im still working on getting planes though, theres a few japanese ones i need as well as luftwaffe x-planes and a loads of others. ive got all the most popular planes though :D

hey people can I join in on the hunt? assign me a nation and I'll find what ya want.

hey people can I join in on the hunt? assign me a nation and I'll find what ya want.

Hi urgent!!!To all who have anything to do with this project I have located about 4 luftwaffe X planes.I'm on stand by for new orders.

Stuka-99 just keep looking, there were more then that.

As for my RAF fighters, it is going well. They just have a hell of a lot of Models. Also question what is the time line of this? Aircraft operational in 1939 to 1945?

for who ever is working on the USN stuff do not forget Grumman! :)

Hiya Stuka :D Just compile as much information about these planes, as possible. Here's an example below:

P-38 Lightning

Aircraft Role: Single Seat Long-Range Fighter
Manufacturer: Lockheed Aircraft Corporation
Model: P-38J-25-LO
Type: Pursuit (Fighter)

Power: 1,425hp V-1710-89/91
Max Speed (5,000 ft.): 360 M.P.H
Max Speed (15,000 ft.): 390 M.P.H
Max Speed (25,000 ft.): 414 M.P.H
Cruise Speed: 250 M.P.H
Range: 350 miles (internal fuel)

Initial RoC : Approx. 2,850 ft. per minute
Time to (5,000 ft.): 2 min.
Time to (15,000 ft): 5 min.
Time to (25,000 ft.): 7 min.
Ceiling: 44,000 ft.

Weight (Empty): 12,780 lbs.
Weight (Full): 17,500 lbs.

Wing Span: 52 ft. (15.86 m.)
Length: 37 ft. 10 in. (11.53 m.)
Height: 9 ft. 10 in. (3.9 m.)
Surface Area: 327.5 sq. ft.

Armament: 37 mm. Oldsmobile cannon, 4x .50 MG's
Bomb Load: 4,000 lbs. OR 10 rockets

Crew: 1
Production: ?
Total Production (All variants): 9,942
Countries: USA, Great Britain

Interesting information. All kinds of WRONG, but interesting.

yup, 350 miles doesnt really seem enough....nice to see you used the best plane of the war as an example though :D i cant get all that information, people dont seem to have a huge interest in italian planes :cry:

Hi all I have info, images and blueprints on these planes (They should be X planes correct me if I'm wrong):
Me.P1101
Me.P1112
And Horton IX

CRazy I will agree your range is very off, should be cloer to 500 miles I think.

C.C what ever you get will be fine. I am shore we will all learn a little more! :)

Range for a P-38L on internal fuel was 475 miles at MAX power. At economical cruise it could carry 3,200lbs of bombs that far. Maximum speed at WEP was areound 443 mph at altitude. The intial rate of climb you listed is accurate for climb at high altitude. At sea level the P-38 had intial climb rate of 4,000 fpm. In light of that, your time to height numbers seem a little off. I have the P-38 listed as hitting its critical altitude (23,400ft) in 6 min 11 secs.

So, you're all still doing this are you? The person will be happy to every aircraft from World War 2 on his e-mail.
Who is doing the air tactics, anyway!?!

Well, I've got some good info on the tactics used by the P-38 in the Pacific (they were written up by Tommy McGuire and Tommy Lynch so they ought to be good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back