WW2 Aviation Links (Add your links) (1 Viewer)

Probably already here but a whack 'o U.S. Navy PDFs starting from the age of sail..... Navy Documents
 
 
I found these because the scum of the earth have hacked Archive.org and taken them off line for a week. I think this site MIGHT be worth spending a few minutes exploring even tho I did not find anything I wanted.



1729300785107.png
 
.....and down again
 
Bomber Command losses database.... Discovery, Education and Remembrance | IBCC
 
I dunno if anyone has posted this before, but this is the Air Force Museum of New Zealand's official photographic archive digital records. This isn't the entire collection; it is a work in progress as images get scanned and uploaded. There are thousands more. Enter a search function into the search box and images of RNZAF P-40s, Corsairs, Venturas, Mustangs and so on can be found.


Entering "Corsair" into the search box:

 
I posted links in post 7 of the thread National Archives technical info on the Merlin

I probably should have posted them here and linked in that thread
 
Last edited:
Great find, it tells a great tale, but omits a part that was pertinent to me. In 1958, when he had a Valiant in New Zealand for the RNZAF's 21st anniversary, he undertook a flyover his old home town of Nelson, which is also my home town, which included buzzing his old school Nelson College. I was all of 3 at the time but can remember like it was yesterday, my mother with my sister a babe in arms, my gran & I were in the back yard waiting for something, I knew not what, to happen & happen it did. There was a large dark shape, which seemed to fill the sky, which flashed over head to be followed moments later by a most appalling noise, terrifying to a 3 year old. I ran inside as fast as my legs could propel me & dived under the bed clothes, to no avail as Trent had pulled the Valiant into a power climb above his old school, about 1/4 mile in a straight line from our house which was close to right under his flight path. By rights I should have hated aeroplanes from that time but happily not so. The darkness of the Valiant, at the time in antiflash white, was obviously the underside in shadow. Local legend had it if he'd had the U/C down he'd have taken the flag pole off the roof of the school. Hell, I'd love to travel back in time to see that again. :grinning:
 
Hi everyone,

A new blog post has just been released describing some Kampfgeschwader 4 operations with the Heinkel 111 over Poland on 17 September 1939: 17 September 1939: Instead of Warsaw - Air War Publications. Hopefully this is of interest to the forum.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back