WW2 Japanese Zero Gauge. What is it? (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ZERO1316

Recruit
Oct 20, 2009
Got this from a vet today. I was trying to find out what it was when I found this site. This came from a downed plane on Guadalcanal. What is it? It was said to have been taken from a Zero. It is in very good shape. Looks to be dated July 1940. Any help would be nice.
Thanks, Justin

Attachments

• Cheyenne 056.JPG
    Cheyenne 056.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 367
  • Cheyenne 055.JPG
    Cheyenne 055.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 299
  • Cheyenne 059.JPG
    Cheyenne 059.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 355
  • Cheyenne 057.JPG
    Cheyenne 057.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 304
  • Cheyenne 058.JPG
    Cheyenne 058.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 301
Hi, Justin.
Are you Justin of the Pacific Wreck? If so, it's my big honor to have you here.

Hi, Justin.
Are you Justin of the Pacific Wreck? If so, it's my big honor to have you here.

Hello Shinpachi, no I am not. I do know who you are talking about. He is a credit to the study of WW2 Aviation.
Thanks, Justin

Hi its a Japanese Army Rate of climb,TYPE 95 MODEL 2.
Used in bombers and alike.The data plate at the back should have a five pointed star stamped.
The Zero used a model 1 and can be identified by its lack of adjustment knob at the 3 oclock
possition,hope this helps.
Regards Mike

A little surprise to me is the instrument has to be connected to static source and a heat insurated flask which has a certain defined volume. If that volume is doubled, the maximum indicated value will be halved or "5." The Zero therefore should have such a flask installed somewhere back in the instrument panel. Be sure that there shall be no leakage exists between the instruent and the flask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back