WW2 Japanese Zero Gauge. What is it?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ZERO1316

Recruit
Oct 20, 2009
Got this from a vet today. I was trying to find out what it was when I found this site. This came from a downed plane on Guadalcanal. What is it? It was said to have been taken from a Zero. It is in very good shape. Looks to be dated July 1940. Any help would be nice.
Thanks, Justin

Attachments

• Cheyenne 056.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 375
  • Cheyenne 055.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 301
  • Cheyenne 059.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 364
  • Cheyenne 057.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Cheyenne 058.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 303
Hi, Justin.
Are you Justin of the Pacific Wreck? If so, it's my big honor to have you here.

Hello Shinpachi, no I am not. I do know who you are talking about. He is a credit to the study of WW2 Aviation.
Thanks, Justin

Hi its a Japanese Army Rate of climb,TYPE 95 MODEL 2.
Used in bombers and alike.The data plate at the back should have a five pointed star stamped.
The Zero used a model 1 and can be identified by its lack of adjustment knob at the 3 oclock
possition,hope this helps.
Regards Mike

A little surprise to me is the instrument has to be connected to static source and a heat insurated flask which has a certain defined volume. If that volume is doubled, the maximum indicated value will be halved or "5." The Zero therefore should have such a flask installed somewhere back in the instrument panel. Be sure that there shall be no leakage exists between the instruent and the flask.

Users who are viewing this thread