WWI Dogfights.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've played RBII3d for a long time. It's not bad. I still haven't gotten RoF working with this Win10 laptop. I'm hoping its flight models are more detailed.

I like the lack of sensors and immediate demands on piloting such WWI sims impose. It's a bit more challenging than locking on, or emplacing a reticle, and flying away while the ordnance heads home.

I've played RBII3d for a long time. It's not bad. I still haven't gotten RoF working with this Win10 laptop. I'm hoping its flight models are more detailed.

I like the lack of sensors and immediate demands on piloting such WWI sims impose. It's a bit more challenging than locking on, or emplacing a reticle, and flying away while the ordnance heads home.

RoF is very much "previous generation" now. The WWI release in the current IL-2 Great Battles series is "Flying Circus." <-----(link)
BTW, it's gorgeous.

-Irish

I once played a WW1 dogfighting game and I played super conservative. Lived quite long.

Until I was flying at altitude and got one shot by flak. It felt like disappointment.

I've seen a few "Growling Sidewinder" vids and enjoyed them. Especially after imagining XBE02Drvr, FlyboyJ and BiffF15 throwing crap at his head, kick his seat across the room and making him breathe warm castor oil fumes.
I was actually taught how to fly when I was a teenager, by WWII combat vets: USMC, USAAF and Luftwaffe.
Years later, when I got involved in WWII Combat Sims (Air Warrior, James WWII, CFS2/CFS3, etc.), I was ruthless because I actually knew how to fly and I was constantly called out for cheating. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back