Yellow-Wings decals

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

So.. I'm very glad I could help. :) :wave:

Not sure what books Geo uses but there is a couple of books for the SBD planes in my library. And it's possible there is a couple more somewhere in my stash. Actually I don't remember all of them However all of posted pics I found via the net.

Last edited:
The book Geo uses
So.. I'm very glad I could help. :) :wave:

Not sure what books Geo uses but there is a couple of books for the SBD planes in my library. And it's possible there is a couple more somewhere in my stash. Actually I don't remember all of them However all of posted pics I found via the net.
The book Geo use is The official monogram US Navy and Marine Corps aircraft colors guide, The internet sure has it all. Must have been a lot of work by many people to post it.

3 hours of masking 2 during the day and 1 on the night shift. The stripes and cowl have been airbrushed Model Master willow green, what a nice green. The model is now drying in my spray booth. I took a second look at the Yellow-Wings decals and my eyes opened up. They cover the paint colors with spray and bottled paints. Real nice decals. I will use the walkway ones for this model I am very surprised that I am working this model to completion, a rare procedure for me ,with all the others that I put aside, and I lost count. I must say though that I did put this SBD-1 away several times but did pick it up again. Even though I have acquired, a 1/24 Hawker typhoon from Airfix with all the extra after market details I will build another SBD-1 next. Meanwhile I am rewarding myself with supper . 2, 1/14 pound lobsters, and 15 Steamer clams from Maine. I'm drinking my second vodka martini with anchovy stuffed olives right now, then 2 beers and on to the feast .Life is good at times, this has been one of the good days, it sure offsets the bad ones which I try to forget.
I am thinking of joining IPMS, What are your thoughts on that, of course I wouldn't attend any meets since i don't travel anymore, with 2,1/2 million miles behind me, many of them with my wonderful wife. we displayed at trade shows from Maine to California, back and forth, back and forth for over 12 years. What a wonderful time.

Cheers :D

Last edited:
The joining the IPMS has already been discussed somewhere on the forum. You have to try to find that thread. As memo serves Robert Porter asked about that. There are different opinions. Personally I don't like such clubs.

Thank you Werger, that answers my question and I will keep away from it. This site here is very satisfying and very helpful for my purposes, as well as sharing some of my work. You have a good thing going here and I really enjoy sharing some of my work and experience and especially the great help for questions on model work . BTW The lobsters and clams were not as exciting as I thought they would be.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back