Yokosuka D4Y Judy (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

NIc eGreg and congrats on the restoration, from pictures you've posted before it looks terrific! Would love to see more images now that its finished, please!

It's always good to hear this stuff, Greg. Looking forward for the pictures.

Thanks guys and I WILL get some pics next weekemd now that I know I can upload them from my PC instead of a web host thing. Nice feature.

By the way, I posted the 3-view at pretty good resolution, so you SHOULD be able to get some good prints, assuming anyone wants one. If you can't get a good print and want one, let me know and I can email you a good file. My original is 11 inches by 14 inches.

Last edited:
Here is a pic of the D4Y from the port side. Note we don't have any stenciling on it yet. The paint job is only 1 week old! Rest assured it will get the rest of the marking as we get the time and it becomes important in the schedule. Though it is a static restoration, it can start and taxi under its own power. If somebody comes up with several million bucks, we could make it into a flyer. It needs new longerons and a new wing spar.
View attachment 221846

Here is a pic of our Allison-powered Yak-3. This Yak-3 has an unusual history, It started life as a Yak-3, was taxied into a hangar and damaged, and was converted into a Yak-11 with a radial engine and 2-seat fuselage, but it had the Yak-3 wing. Later, somebody else taxied it into another hangar and it was damaged again. Then WE got it and converted it back into a Yak-3 by constructing a single seat fuselage. But THIS Yak-11 to Yak-3 conversion has a real Yak-3 wing, not the trainer wing.
View attachment 221847

Here is a pic of an Allison powered P-40C. This one is owned by a person in Great Britain and has not yet been delivered.
View attachment 221848

Here is a pic of out Bell YP-59A. Note the gear is being swung and is almost all the way up. But we stopped to check the uplocks. The uplocks now work fine and we are proceeding.
View attachment 221849

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back