Your best war movie/tv series

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Devo I rmember seeing Brave Heart the the Battle depicting in the movie called Sterling. It was actually called Sterling Bridge but a name changed to suit the movie. Towards the end of the Sterling Battle in BraveHeart. Where Wallace Aka Mel Gibson. One can see 2 men fighting in a half hearted fashion with swords and shields like 2 kids just play acting and not taking it seriously at all. How that got passed the final cuts not sure or maybe it cost so much to produce and re-enact that they the producers said to hell with it hope no one notices. It is in the Battle scene Devo where Gibson raises the sword to proclaim victory at Sterling for the Scots. These 2 men are in the background of that scene just ****ing about haha, And the first time I saw BraveHeart was at Indooroopilly Mega Plex and 2 Kiwi Maori lads were sitting behind me when the scene turned completely blue and I heard this Kiwi lad say to his mate Christ that is ****ing Blue and bright near burned me ****ing eyes out hahaha

Band of brothers Saving private ryan The windtalkers The new one about the ww1 pilots is good to but i dont remember the name I think Flyboys?

I kinda liked The Dirty Dozen and Kelly's Heros too. Classics. Just good 'ole adventure, with a bit of comedy. So was The Devil's Brigade. :)

Where Eagles Dare was great as well.

Isn't there a movie about a lost regiment that stars David Jason, the actor who plays Inspector Frost, as an officer of a WW1 British Battalion that was totally lost to a man and no-one knows what happened to it?

Dont forget Colditz a TV series. Or even some of John Wayne's movies from the war time. Bit over the top patriotism wise but given the time they were made not unexpected to be so. One actor I liked was Jimmy Stewart. At the very least he knew what Air Combat was like in Europe but he wasn't the only one. Just liked the way he did his acting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back