Würger family 1/48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hello my fellow modelers:

Here's the weekly update with this family. First, the exhaust color advance on the 152 kite...
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 00.25.25 (2).jpeg

Then the geschwader identification colours....
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 00.25.25 (1).jpeg

Even though that I had the decals, I wanted to apply the colours by hand in order that the colour seems more credible......
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 00.25.24 (6).jpeg

In the process the aft rudder broke, but this will be addressed later...
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 00.25.25.jpeg

And then, the paint works with the balken crosses along with some exhaust paint on the fuselage.

First on the under wings....
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 00.25.24 (3).jpeg

And then on the fuselage (where I was about to apply the complete cross on both sides of the fuselage....):
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 00.25.24 (4).jpeg

And this is how the works looks after some cleaning....
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 00.25.24 (1).jpeg

I'm also aware that the fuselage stains will receive a brownish colour with some white in the fuselage sides as well (where the idea is that this colours be applied inside this blackened stains). These paint works will be applied along with the weathering works....
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 00.25.24.jpeg

And due that I had some colour left in the airbrush, also the D-11 kite received some exhaust stains......
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-22 at 00.25.24 (2).jpeg

And now, ready to continue with the A-4 that is still patiently waiting to be worked upon in one corner of the desk....

Have an incredible one my friends and stay safe.

Gerry

Hello again my fellow modellers:

Recently t's been a rather crazy period at work, but I'm still working on this project nonetheless whenever I can, basically at nights.

First, I wanted to complete as much as possible the D-11 kite, to finally apply the matt varnish and locate the crazy head to the little fellow on board.....

This is how the belly looks so far:
belly.jpeg

And in the upper surfaces:
overall.jpeg

To continue with the pilot head as well as the oxygen mask located on one side of his face:
lateral 01.jpeg

And after pondering a while, maybe it needs the black cable representing the plug for the headset located behind the small guy´s head will complete the trick.... This will be also applied on the other three guys.

general 02.jpeg

general.jpeg

Now the next step on this kite will be detailing the motion like propellers:
props 01.jpeg

I'm aware that there are still several areas that deserve more detail. One in particular that annoys me is that the canopy is slightly thinner that the armoured windscreen. Some more plastic will be applied as stops in order to broaden the canopy on the desired position and that finally it appear as a smooth surface without a step.

Then the following step was to apply the decals on the 152 kite in order to proceed applying the matt varnish only on several surfaces in order to avoid opaquing the aluminium in the undersides:
w decals.jpeg

Here I´m not sure if the wings "only walk here or Nur hier betreten" texts have to be applied or on this particular kites (maybe due to the war condition), were this texts and demarcations omitted in these kites? Can someone please enlighten me?

Finally I wanted to present the Würger family to the fine members that has helped and support the work performed. As I was preparing to present these thresome, the A-4 suddenly wanted to fly alone and jumped from my hand to the floor........

And after some repairs, this is how the family looks so far (with a bandaged A-4 in the front, but still airworthy):
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-16 at 23.38.26 (2).jpeg

Hope you all have a great weekend my friends!

Gerry :pilotsalute:

Hello my fellow modelers.

Back to the bench after a hectic working period.

Now back to the A-4 advance so far. It is relevant that I remember not to drop a WIP to the ground, again. Guess I'm about to set a new world record in dropping a kite just in one week.....:crazyeyes:.

First, I had to correct twice the dihedral after dropping this kite to the floor, on my rush to apply the sky paint while being rather tired after work. I've noticed that my hands doesn't respond as quick as they used to.... Does anyone has noticed this happening also as time goes by?

2.jpeg

Also, after applying the RLM 78 to the undersides and to the fuselage, it was time to apply the yellow paint basically on the engine under cowling and in the wingtips...
3.jpeg

After these paint works, it was time to apply the Sandgelb on the upper surfaces. Where several areas where aluminium was already applied, had to be sanded....

Also as the rivets are presented in a positive position, it was decided to sand them just enough to use them when the weathering works are applied.....
4.jpeg

Then the decals.... boy, I like this phase....

After the paint works and the decals were applied, a good gloss varnish was applied on all surfaces.

After the 90% of the decals were applied, then the white stencils were painted on the rudder, the fuselage band, upper wing insignias and the White One stencil.....
6.jpeg

Several grey paint was applied over the blue in order to gain some contrast. Also the propeller cone was painted with a Olive Grün hue. The blades were cut in order to apply the blurred propellers in order to emulate motion while flying.

The idea is to present the three kites in a single transparent display (that is yet to be designed and constructed) emulating a Kette (three airplanes in formation). We will see how this idea persist as the works continues....

Then the black paint was applied on the cowling surfaces where the exhausts are located, as well as in the two oil filters beside the engine....
7.jpeg

And this is how the kite looks like as for today before the weathering works begins.
8.jpeg

One of the main goals of the weathering, is lowering the Sandgelb tone to a more clear hue. This despite that the decals has already been located..... Let´s see how this works turns out. Also I guess that the weathering of this kite was rather intense due to the theater where this kite prowled on... Any comments about the weathering level?

Hope that this weekend I can really present some advance due that on these lands we have several days of holidays (as well that the climate in this area has improved quite favourable for painting with the airbrush).

Have a nice week my friends and stay safe.... :salute:

Gerry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back