**** DONE: GB-40 1:72 Junkers Ju88 A-4 - Heavy Hitters III

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WOW ! I must say I've never been a huge fan of Revell kits but this one is kick ass. The parts come off the sprue no problem, even the tiniest of parts with no excessive amounts of trimming and sanding. The instructions are very clear and the parts fit perfectly like finger in a bum ! I built Airfix's new Do 17 a while back. Detail wise it was amazing compared to their first 60s offering but I was disappointed with how much bodging I had to do to make things fit properly. Not so with this kit, It's bang on ! Apart from the seat harnesses what you see is out of the box. Progress so far.

Ju-88A-4 (8)r.jpg

Ju-88A-4 (10)r.jpg

Ju-88A-4 (12)r.jpg

I used to say similar Michael: 'Atleast you know where I am at night, and not p!ssing my money up against the wall in a pub somewhere!'
She still dosen't understand the interest, but has 'accepted it' shall we say (more or less!) :)

I used to say similar Michael: 'Atleast you know where I am at night, and not p!ssing my money up against the wall in a pub somewhere!'
She still dosen't understand the interest, but has 'accepted it' shall we say (more or less!) :)

Going to a Pub just has zero appeal to me now. There's one at the foot of our Street, we go once in a while to eat and that's about it. $5.00 for a pint ? Gimmie a break !

Bottom level of cockpit is now done. I had a lot of problems with the Airfix Do 17 getting things to fit properly, but not here, everything fits together very well. . The decal for the instrument panel is a bit of a drag. No matter what I did I couldn't get it to sit straight so it's a bit off in places. I tried to re position it but the decal started to fall apart. Too bad they didn't supply a PE instrument panel. Pictured below is the IP from the He 100 I'm also working on.

Ju-88A-4 (22)2.jpg

Probably won't be noticed under the coming once the canopy is installed and painted, still bugs me though ! Not sure the purpose of the " happy face" ?

Ju-88A-4 (23)r.jpg

Probably won't be noticed under the coming once the canopy is installed and painted, still bugs me though ! Not sure the purpose of the " happy face" ?
That often happens in many of our models, but we have the satisfaction of having worked and enjoyed the skills of working in detail in the interior.
And for proof of this, there are the photos that we share.
Many of us are favored with seeing them and we continue to learn from everyone's work.
Nice advance so far :thumbup:

PD: Sorry for the error, something I overwrote when adding the comment ... and I did not know how to correct it :meh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so we are all on the same page. The "happy face" I was talking about is shown below and is the boost gauge for the right engine.:

Capture.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back