Miss Judy
A

Miss Judy

Shown here is the emblem of B-29 Superfortress 'Miss Judy' belonging to the US Twentieth Air Force based on Tinian Island.
So happy to find this photo. My father was the Navigator on this plane. I have had a photo of him with the flight crew standing in front of this plane. The photo I have does not show the full nose, I didn't realize that was a B-29 Superfortress until I was talking with a military plane enthusiast who identified it for me as a B-29 Bomber. This opened up a new chapter into my research into the life experiences of my father. Thank you to whoever posted this great photo. What a superior and impressive plane. He was in the 20th Air Force on Tinian Island, but I do not know the exact dates he was there, the Tinian Island was captured by US on 6/15/1944, as a base for the B-29 Superfortress.

I just found this post about Miss Judy. My father also flew on this plane. He was the Flight Engineer. I would love to compare notes with you. I recently discovered several pictures of the crew on the island base. I would be happy to share.

Please PM me or send an email.

Last edited by a moderator:

Media information

Category
Color Photos
Added by
Administrator
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings