Shown here Spitfire Mk.VB, (AD233) , 'West Borneo 1' in green-grey camouflage as it appeared fresh off the Castle Bromwich production line in September 1941. Shortly afterwards the aircraft was ferried to No.37 MU (Maintainence Unit), Burtonwood, where it would have had the white spinner and tail-band added. Also, at this time, a TR1143 VHF radio would have been fitted and, with this, the small 'prong' on the aerial mast would have been removed. It was then allocated to No.222 Sqd based at North Weald on 1st October, 1941. A colour pic of this aircraft can be found in the colour pic section of this site.