1/144th Airfield Fuel Truck

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Warbird Kid

Airman
Jun 30, 2020
Another beautiful (and fairly quick) build from the "old man" for the 1/144th scale Jolly Rogers Airfield Diorama were currently building at the Connecticut Air & Space Center. I'll let him take it away:

"This is a build sequence of a 1/144th scale WWII Airfield Fuel Truck It's a very nice 3D printed model that has even a driver in the seat!. The cab is detachable. The truck is pictured here with "HO" 1/150 scale Jeeps."

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

"Here is the truck painted with the same rattle can OD that we spray our REAL 42 Willys Jeep with. Its AMAZING what you find in the archives of modeling. I used the small bottle of HOT ROD PRIMER to "weather" the grill of the truck. Check out the 19 cent price tag!!!!!!!!!"

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

"And here is the finished truck for the airfield. I created the dried fuel, rust and other weathering by using pastels. Crystal clear was used to fill in the windshield. Here are some pics of the extra field items in 1/144th scale. Also included in the pics is a new project. Stay tuned."

IMG_3524.jpg

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

For "... with 'HO' 1/150 scale Jeeps" I'm sure you meant "N", which scale is from 1∶148 to 1∶160. The truck is a testament to great ability with the technology and the painting & finishing is beautiful.:salute: Look forward to more views of the Jolly Rogers Airfield Diorama as it comes along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back