1/32 Lanc Wingnut wings too much stress?

VALENGO

Senior Airman
458
57
Joined
Nov 22, 2006
Location
Zárate city, Argentina
Website
josesantich.es.tl
Hi, I've been watching some shots of an 1/32 Lancaster from Wingnut Wings, not sure if it is already on sale or if it is a project. The matter is that I see a very intense stressed metal effect on the model, airframe and wings, but I can't perceive the effect in pictures of the real aircraft. I assume that, when standing near a real Lanc, the effect can be seen and this led Wingnut Wings to put it on the model.
I'm looking for the opinion of someone who has been near the real thing because I'm reworking a very old 1/72 Revell Lancaster and I'm intended to go with stressed skin but now I'm not sure about it.
Thanks in advance.

Wingnut Wings - 1/32 Avro Lancaster B.Mk.1/III "Early" (for 2020)
 
Usually it can be noticed on aircraft that are/were used intensively for long time. The longer service the more noticable effect. Taking into consideration that during the war Lancasters were lost quite often , most of them was brand-new rather. Also the matt camouflage colours may reduce the effect because of the difference in the light reflection. Here shots for the camouflaged kite and the bare metal one ... please notice that the camouflaged plane needs a close up image or another angle to see the effect while the one of the NMF rather doesn't.

avro-lancaster1b.jpg


avro-lancaster1a.jpg


avro-lancaster1.jpg




avro-lancaster2.jpg
 
:thumbright:

And here is a pic of Lanc taken in 50' or 60'. The effect of bulged metal skin can be noticed nicely.

lancaster3.jpg
 
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back