Good morning gents,
A bit of progress on the lady...
I closed the fuselage and managed to get a perfect fit of the cowling covers!
They are very thin and i read somewhere that some modellers did not manage to get a nice fit when they chose to present them closed.
I made a lot of dry fits and used even thin strips of plastic to get it as best as i could!!
those photoes are on a later state of the build as i forgot to take pictures
Next stage the painting and upgrade of the wheel wells!! A lot of pin marks to deal with but at the end nothing too difficullt to accomplish!!
Regarding the painting pattern, I followed the suggestion of my friend Christian (which happened to be in line with the Eduard's one if you see the pics on their brassin p-51d wheel wells page set.)
And started to dress her up....here you see the final stages...
After that i placed them on their position and glued the wings together. I also glued the machine guns parts and puttied them, you see no panels lines there also!!!
I have also started to deal with the rivets and panel lines where they should be covered. I am following John Terrell's schematics for th job!! I have some more work ahead...
And i finally glued the fuselage with thw wings...started to look as a P-51...love the shape!!!!!!
I also dealt with the gear legs...regarding the leg sissors i took the metal ones that tamiya provided and glued some small strips of plastic on the inner side. Think the final outcome is more than acceptable!!
Finnaly I painted the external wing tanks, i wanted to test the new metallic line from Mig Ammo, Astand paints, identical to Alclads and specifically a new color, but more on that later, i have some more tests to do...but as a first comment i really like it!!!